Friday, January 2, 2009

Reflection

its been a while since ive written in a diary. june 14th 5:31pm 2003, to be exact. my life of late has definitely been diary-worthy, but i no longer trust writing my thoughts down in a book. books get lost. or left behind when you have to leave in a hurry. not that i really left in a hurry, mind you. there was a little planning, but enuff for me to know the meaning of the word "sacrifice." i left a lot of things behind: a purple, fur-lined suede coat. central park. The FCFH and their dirty little secret. oh yes, and my name.

i left behind my name for the second--and very last--time.

the day i left the nightmare of india chevalier's life in new york city and took a seat in the offices of Chief's agency in arizona.

this new life is nothing like the witness protection program, because, well, its not. this new life includes a very important job with a certain company that will deny my existence til their blue in the face. no matter how bad those bamboo shoots under the nails hurt.

i havent told Party Gurl or GQ about my old life. or my old one. i havent really planned on it and probably never will. well, i shouldnt say never. ive only known them a year and circumstances could change. i mean, its not like its my birthday or anything. i just kinda have to be careful what i say around them because, well, theres this one little thing--okay two--two little things that they--maybe three--yeah, three little things...sigh. okay, lets just say i have some privacy issues that im not at liberty to discuss. and Chief would probably kill me.

so, one case down. many more to go.

this year i resolve to catch more bad guys.

No comments: